XBoxForum.com - The Ultimate XBox Community

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Should I get a PS3?

I am thinking of getting a PS3 to play a few games, but I simply am not sure if it is even worth it. The most important game I want to play is Beyond: Two Souls. I really want to play it, but I am not sure if I want to spend over $300 just to play this game (price for game and console). I guess I keep telling myself I can also use it as a Bluray player, but I could totally get a bluray player for like $50.

What do you guys think I should do? Maybe I could just sell the PS3 and game after being done. Are there ways to rent one? I have an Xbox 360, so I don't know if the few exclusive titles are worth getting a PS3. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Should I get a PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I am thinking of getting a PS3 to play a few games, but I simply am not sure if it is even worth it. The most important game I want to play is Beyond: Two Souls. I really want to play it, but I am not sure if I want to spend over $300 just to play this game (price for game and console). I guess I keep telling myself I can also use it as a Bluray player, but I could totally get a bluray player for like $50.

What do you guys think I should do? Maybe I could just sell the PS3 and game after being done. Are there ways to rent one? I have an Xbox 360, so I don't know if the few exclusive titles are worth getting a PS3. Any suggestions?
    Okay, you don't need too buy the PS3 new you know, find it on Ebay or Creigs List for cheap, that's what I do. Make sure it's in good condition and has a higher GB of space cause a lot of the new games can't play on 40-60GB, if you find an 80GB for about $80-$100 then that's good or if you find a 120GB or higher for $100-$200 that's pretty good also! So try that out and you'll be fine, the 500GB Super Slim with ACIII is a real good deal though, I believe it's $300-$350?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: smokiestnmayer

Not sure how I missed this thread Edgar -_- lol

The PS3 has been TOTALLY worth it, just for the Uncharted series. Plus I scored Infamous for cheap and it is pretty darned good. I haven't gotten around to playing God of War but always heard it was one of the best hack and slash games of all time.

MLB the Show is stellar as well.

And lets not forget the latest from Naughty Dawg: Last of Us... that looks totally epic....

I much prefer the achievement system on Xbox (PS3 one stinks IMO) but the PS3 more than holds its own...

I know this thread is old but did you ever get one?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stepasyd

as far as exclusives go, I think the PS3 was king...I know it's an old thread, but to anyone considering, I'd say go for it, if you can find a PS3 cheap. for multiplatform games though, Xbox is definitely the way to go.
    - gamertag: stepasyd -

Quote Originally Posted by stepasyd View Post
    as far as exclusives go, I think the PS3 was king...I know it's an old thread, but to anyone considering, I'd say go for it, if you can find a PS3 cheap. for multiplatform games though, Xbox is definitely the way to go.
    YES! I am finally playing Infamous, really great exclusive, and much much better than prototype.

yeah, i say find one used

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: smokiestnmayer

Quote Originally Posted by opikal View Post
    I know this thread is old but did you ever get one?
    Quote Originally Posted by stepasyd View Post
    Not sure if he ever got one. Fwiw, Edgar is a writer for neverstill (parent site), so he is still around

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rawdical

Dude yes! Last of Us, Uncharted Series, AND God of War series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawdical View Post
    Dude yes! Last of Us, Uncharted Series, AND God of War series.
    And Infamous!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information